Random Things
In Marseille, we experienced the world's smallest elevator. The sign said it could fit max 3 people, but we could only get one of us plus our pack into the elevator at a time. It was hilarious =) I have pics, if I can figure out how to upload. Maybe tonight after dinner.I brought with me my old running shoes from university, figure I'd kill them and throw them out when I get home. They are already busted haha! I think they are still wearable, though Ev doesn't. I've been wearing them anyway, and have yet to find shoes of comparable value here in Italy.
When I got to France, I had trouble recalling my old OAC French vocabulary. And for some stupid reason, every time I tried to think and speak in French, some element of Mandarin would pop into the sentences! I had the same problem in China, French would come out of my mouth instead of Mandarin. Well, after being in France for 4 days, I was able to communicate relatively adequately in French, but now we're in Italy. Prob is that I know more Spanish than Italian, and many Italian words sound like Spanish words. Plus adding that I was just speaking in French a day or two ago, I'm tripping all over myself again! At least it's a mix of French Spanish and Italian, without any Mandarin!
Ev and I seriously sleep every time we get on a moving vehicle. It's really quite funny! So far this has been a really great relaxing trip, but I know once we hit Roma on Good Friday, it'll be nuts!
Being in Europe is like hanging out with Kwan and Karel all the time. Everyone smokes everywhere! I'm getting so used to second-hand smoke now, not that I wasn't already getting used to it haha! But seriously, without many ads for cigarettes the way the US is plastered with billboards, I'm surprized the number of people, young and old, male and female, health conscious and not, who all smoke.
Last but not least, molto grazi to Jane for answering all my text messages about whether we can drink the tap water here haha!
Anyhow, dinner time soon. Ciao!
~ JCL 19:05 - Genova, Italy

1 Comments:
do not throw the shoes out when u get home, throw them out before u come back. that way it saves u the weight in your luggage
Post a Comment
<< Home