Day 1 - April 7
Flight wasn't bad, but I forgot how big of a time different 5 hours is! Landed at Heathrow, my goo jeh and goo jerng picked us up. Ate at home, and then headed right out on the tube! Me being the narcoleptic person that I am, fell dead asleep on the tube. Thank goodness Ev was awake and checking for the station. You know you're exhausted when you wake up from "dozing" and your chin is practically touching your chest, and your hair is ALL over your face. I woke up twice like that before we were finally at Tower Hill.London was freezing. Well, I think it's just made worse when it's pseudo raining the entire time, and it wasn't exactly without wind. We wandered to the Tower of London, that likely in those days seemed really tall like a tower. It was also a castle that had prisoners, etc. We didn't go in, just walked around it.
Then we went to a Starbucks =) I was freezing, and dead tired. Ev was much more energetic than me, so she went for a walk, and we agreed to meet up later on. I fell asleep at Starbucks. Haha, no joke, I was in one of their comfy couch chairs (Starbucks in London looks exactly like the ones at home), and promptly drifted off to sleep. Which was good, since I didn't want to be dozing during my office visit!
Woke up from my nap, walked over Tower Bridge, took pics, wandered some more, took more pics, eventually found the EY office. It's SO nice! Will post pics when I get a chance, though I didn't take too many, just some from the outside. But the inside is amazing, crazy that the entire building is EY. They have open-concept everything, and everyone's on hotelling. The view is spectacular, since it's on the south side of the river.
Met EY people, didn't get to see Andy, and fought hard to stay awake! Didn't end up going to their drink up, was WAY too tired. Met up with Ev after the office visit (she was also awed by the office!), went home for a yummy Chinese meal, and we were dead to the world by 930pm UK time.
One thing I noticed about UK -- it's LOT like HK! The roundabouts have the same looking directions, most of the signage is the same, there's the same arrow at intersections to point to which side the cars are supposed to drive into, there's double decker buses, and the drivers get *really* close to the other vehicles! Plus they have an Osyter card that works like an Octopus card, though this system has a lot more lines than HK.
We didn't do much in London, much too tired, but we have a couple days there on the way back.
~ JCL 21:21 - Marseille, France

1 Comments:
hehe, your napping sounds like my trip to quebec this past weekend :P i didn't do *any* driving =)
Post a Comment
<< Home